Saturday, August 20, 2011

Happy First Week of School!

Phew!  We made it!  The first week of school is always exciting, but for me this week was a whirlwind.  Starting in a new school, in a new state, with a new curriculum and completely different policies was a little overwhelming.  We had a couple mishaps like Thursday folders being sent home on Friday and forgetting to go to Spanish Friday afternoon because we were in the middle of our writing assessment, but I had a blast getting to know my new students.  I can already tell this is a very special class, and I can't wait to learn more about the little people who will warm my heart over the next year! :)

Coming soon...
Math - telling time/elapsed time
Reading - checking for understanding/independent reading stamina
Writing - parts of speech
Science - solids, liquids and gases/scientific method
Social Studies - Colorado history

No comments: