Saturday, September 17, 2011

I'm Back!

After a VERY busy couple of weeks, I'm back :)
Here's what we've been up to while I've been neglecting the blog...

 Earning coupons through the behavior chart.  
After finishing the day on pink five times, students can choose from my box of coupons.  These six lovely students chose a coupon for picnicking outside. :)

 Celebrating Brenda's birthday with delicious fruit kabobs, thanks to her mom! :)

 Decorating our class bulletin boards after studying parts of speech...
 
 (common and proper nouns, verbs and adjectives)

 Wrapping up our matter unit with a solid, liquids and gases picture book.

 DOMINATING the AR contest between homerooms!!  Each time students get a 100 on a test, they get a sticker for the chart.  Best quote of the day yesterday: "This isn't even a competition!"  It's true.  We're at least 25 100's ahead of the other classes :)

And finally, making these lovely Picasso-inspired portraits.  

I can't wait to catch up with you all next week during conferences.  If you haven't signed up for your time or received the doodle email, let me know so I can resend the link.
Happy weekend! :)

No comments: