Saturday, October 1, 2011

Random Acts of Kindness

Our Service Learning project this year is Random Acts of Kindness.  Yesterday, the students brainstormed a list of people in the school and community we could help and a list of possible acts of kindness.  They had so many great ideas I had to stop writing them down so we could do our first project!  A few people we hope to help or thank this year are firefighters,  police officers, homeless people, sick kids, and mother nature.  Our first project was a combination of art and service learning...

 the finished projects inspired by Van Gogh's Sunflowers











It was a torn-paper art project, and at first, my little perfectionists didn't like the idea at all, but I think they turned out really well!  I'm quite impressed with their crafting skills. :)

  On Monday, we will send our thank you cards to the librarians at the Green Valley Ranch Library. :)

No comments: